When digital photos, music or other files are deleted from your SD card, it is still possible to recover them with a Mac data recovery software.
This type of software is easy to use, and has the ability to recover many different file types at once. The software can also be used to recover corrupted SD cards that won’t work in the camera anymore.
There’s nothing worse than getting an SD card with all of your vacation memories and taking it straight to your Mac – only to find out it won’t even mount on your Mac. How does this software work? The SD card data recovery software is designed to check the file system and image formats of your SD card.
If there are files left in the card, it will look through them and attempt to recover them, saving each file as it finds it. This can be done in the background without disrupting your Mac.
When finished, you will have a collection of your files that you can view and then easily choose the ones you want to recover. The software works very well at recovering photos, music, videos and data files.
Hardware Checks on Mac Before Troubleshooting SD Corruption and Recovery
Before troubleshooting SD corruption and recovery on a Mac, it is important to check the hardware to ensure that there is no issue with the SD card reader. If there is an issue with the SD card reader, it will need to be repaired or replaced before continuing with the troubleshooting process.
If the hardware is found to be working correctly, then the next step is to check the file system on the SD card for errors. Once the file system has been checked, if it’s found to be working correctly, then you’re ready to troubleshoot SD corruption and recovery on a Mac.
This video show you how to troubleshoot SD card corruption on a Mac :
Best Software to Recover Permanently Deleted Files from SD Card on Mac
There are software that can help you recover your files. One of the best programs to use is Wondershare Recoverit. The software is designed to recover lost files from your Mac.
It can also recover files from your SD card. The software can recover deleted and lost files from almost all storage devices. Using the software, you can preview the file before recover it.
Steps to to Recover Files from Corrupted/Formatted SD Card on Mac
- There are steps you can take to recover your files. We will use Wondershare Recoverit to scan your card for lost files.
- Launch Recoverit Data Recovery to restore your lost SD card data in minutes.
- Select your SD card from the list of detected devices and click the “Start” button to begin the process.
- Recoverit Data Recovery software will quickly scan your data for any missing files. If you don’t find what you’re looking for after the first scan, you can try deep scanning for a more comprehensive search.
- After the deep scan, you can check all recovered data files.
- Preview your data and select the files you need, then click the Recover button to get them back.
Recover Data from SD Card with Time Machine Backup
If you have a Time Machine backup, you can use it to restore your data from an SD card.
This video show you how to recover data with time machine :
What Are the Reasons Leading to Lost Data from SD Card
There are many reasons why data may be lost from SD cards. Sometimes it is due to user error, but other times the card’s fate may be out of your hands. Here are some of the most common reasons for data loss from SD cards :
Accidental deletion : can be a disaster, especially if you don’t have a backup of your files. This can happen when you delete files accidentally from your SD card, or when you format the entire SD card.
Errors resulting from moving files : While transferring files from your electronic device to your SD card, you may encounter errors.
Partially overwritten files : When two or more files look alike, and you decide to delete one or overwrite one for the other, you may lose some files this way too.
Reformatting SD card : You could lose files while reformatting your SD card. Always backup your data before formatting or reformatting your SD card just in case.
Damaged files due to storage failure : If you’re running out of space on your SD card, be sure to move your files elsewhere before transferring any new ones – you don’t want to lose anything, or worse, damage it!
Tips to Extend SD Card Life and Prevent SD Damaged or Corrupted
- Use your SD card for the intended purpose.
- Do not remove your SD card while the device is on.
- Keep your SD card away from extreme temperatures.
- Do not write or delete data on your SD card frequently.
- Back up your data regularly.
- Protect your SD card with a password.
- Keep an SD card with enough free space.
There’s no need to worry if you accidentally deleted something important – Recoverit Data Recovery can help you get it back quickly and easily.